Carl-Johan Pousette specializes in Capital Markets, Securities law, Mergers and Acquisitions and company law. He has many years’ experience of advising Swedish and international clients in connection with IPOs, public takeovers and exchange offers, capital raisings and other stock market transactions as well as of advising listed companies and their owners on all kinds of company law and stock market related issues.
Carl-Johan is recommended by Legal 500, ranked in Chambers and highly regarded by IFLR1000 and client feedback include:
"Carl-Johan Pousette stands out in being one of the most experienced capital markets legal advisers in the Swedish market. In addition, he is very pragmatic and business minded and always gives clear, well-founded and actionable advice."
Areas of expertise
Lawyer, SEB Enskilda Corporate Finance
Lawyer, Alfred Berg Corporate Finance
Lawyer, Enskilda Law (Enskilda Juridik)
Employment with law firm in Stockholm
Service with the Stockholm District Court
Member of the Swedish Securities Council (Sw. Aktiemarknadsnämnden)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Appointed as expert in the Association for Generally Accepted Principles in the Securities Market (Sw. Föreningen för god sed på värdepappersmarknaden).
Top ranked as a Leading Capital Markets lawyer by Chambers Global 2020.
"According to one client, the "excellent" Carl-Johan Pousette is "very experienced and has strong, deep knowledge." This source goes on to describe him as "accurate, timely and always available," also praising his "great commercial skills."He often handles IPOs as well as directed share issues."
Chambers Global 2020
Appointed by Legal500 as leading individual in Capital Markets 2019.
"Hammarskiöld's Capital Market practice is led by Carl-Johan Pousette, who is singled out as 'one of the most experienced legal advisors in the local market'."
"Carl-Johan Pousette has considerable experience and expertise assisting with IPOs and listings. He advised Danske Bank, SEB and OP Corporate Bank as underwriters on Eltel's rights issue. Clients appreciate that he "understands what works from a commercial perspective,"adding that he provides "clear, good, accurate and timely advice."
Chambers Global 2019
“Very knowledgeable, capable and has been in the business for many years; overall he is a very solid practitioner.”
Chambers Global 2016
Uppsala University (juris kandidat, LL.M.)
- Co-author of “Lexology Getting The Deal Through – Initial Public Offerings 2023”
Initial Public Offerings 2023
- Co-author of “Lexology Getting The Deal Through – Public M&A 2022”
Public M&A 2022
- Co-author of “The Legal 500: M&A Country Comparative Guide 2022”
M&A Country Comparative Guide 2022
- Co-author of “Lexology Getting The Deal Through – Initial Public Offerings 2022”
- Co-author of “Lexology Getting The Deal Through – Public M&A 2021"
- Co-author of “Lexology Getting The Deal Through – Initial Public Offerings 2021"
- Co-author of “The Legal 500: M&A Country Comparative Guide 2020”
- Co-author of “Lexology Getting The Deal Through – Initial Public Offerings 2020”
- Co-author of “The Legal 500: M&A Country Comparative Guide 2019”
- Co-author of “Lexology – Equity Capital Markets in Sweden”, 2018
- Co-author of “The Legal 500 & The In-House Lawyer Comparative Legal Guide – Sweden: Mergers & Acquisitions”, 2018"